Terms and conditions
By accessing this website you agree to these terms and conditions, which cannot be varied except by changes made by Vivien Sheriff, which may happen from time to time. If you do not agree to them, you may not use and access this website. The Vivien Sheriff website is provided solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use this website for any commercial purpose. Nothing said by any representative of Vivien Sheriff will operate as a variation of these terms and conditions or constitutes a legal representation on behalf of them.
General terms and conditions
Given the unpredictability of technology and the online environment, Vivien Sheriff make no promise that our website will be uninterrupted or entirely error free, or free of viruses or bugs or compatible with any other software or material. Accessing the website is entirely at your own risk. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
The content of our website is presented, “as is”, and we do not guarantee its accuracy, whether explicit or implied. We reserve the right to amend errors, make changes to our website, withdraw any part of our site or to update product information at any time if we consider it necessary.
This website is owned, controlled and operated by Vivien Sheriff Ltd in the UK. These terms and conditions and all matters connected with any order you place in our website are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of English and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms and conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Liability and Indemnity
Except in relation to our contractual obligations to supply goods following acceptance of orders placed on our website, neither we nor any of our directors, employees, suppliers or other representatives will be liable in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever in any way connected with your use of the website.
You agree fully to indemnify us, our directors, employees, suppliers or other representatives from and against all liabilities against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this website. We may terminate your use of the website immediately if we consider that you have breached these terms and conditions.
All content including pictures, designs, logos, photographs, written and other materials on our website are copyrighted to Vivien Sheriff and authors, designers, photographers etc. All worldwide rights are reserved. This site and its contents may only be used for personal non-commercial use. Any reproduction in whole or in part of our website is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of Vivien Sheriff Ltd.
Vivien Sheriff is proud to have many distinguished business partners which are acknowledged on our website. Please be aware that each of such business partner’s various trademarks, product names, company names represented on the Vivien Sheriff website are the property of their individual owner-companies.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and personal email address. You warrant on registration that the personal details which you are required to provide is true, accurate, current and complete. If any of your details change you will notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may change or modify these terms and conditions at any time, and your continued use of this site following such change shall signify your agreement to be bound by the modified terms of conditions. Please read the terms and conditions and check back often. If you do not agree to any change to the terms and conditions, then you must immediately stop using the website.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on Vivien Sheriff website. However, as computer monitors vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will be completely accurate.
Ordering and payment
Ordering & Payment
The display of any item on our website is not an offer to sell and Vivien Sheriff shall be under no obligation to supply the products ordered through this website. If you place an order, this will be your offer to purchase the items from us. We will acknowledge your order as soon as possible but will be under no obligation to supply the product(s) ordered unless we have the stock available and/or the necessary materials to produce the ordered item at the price(s) specified.
If items that you order are out of stock, not available, subject to a delay or the price is higher than that shown on your order, we will try to contact you at the email address you provided when placing your order. If we cannot contact you or receive no response to our email, we will continue to process the remaining items on your order. We will not supply a substitute product without your express authority.
Please note that some items are made to order but you will still be charged for the item once the order is placed as this will secure the item for you. Once your order has been produced we will be able to ship your item directly to you.
Bespoke items are Special Orders, which means that the item will be made or customised especially for you, because of this, these pieces cannot be exchanged or returned under any circumstances.
- Prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website. All prices exclude delivery costs which will be added to the amount due
- All prices are shown in Great British Pounds (£ Sterling) and include VAT
- Payments can be made securely online by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) or via paypal
- If you purchase from outside the UK, currency fluctuations and credit card charges may make a difference to the amount billed on your credit card
- Vivien Sheriff cannot be held responsible for any local taxes, customs or import duties
Unsuitable items may be refunded or exchanged within 7 days from the date you sign for the delivery. Before you return something you must notify us within 24 hours of receiving an item and obtain a Return Authorization Reference number by emailing us at email@example.com. Please include your original receipt in the returned parcel. You must write your Return Authorization Reference number on the receipt. Any returned items that are not accompanied by an official reference number will not be accepted.
Bespoke or custom-made items are Special Orders and these items cannot be exchanged or returned under any circumstances.
Returns received after the 7 days time frame are accepted at the discretion of Vivien Sheriff and can only be refunded with a ‘credit note’ which can be used online.
Please send all returns to Vivien Sheriff, Studio 10, Botleys Farm, Wick Lane, Downton, Wilts. SP5 3NW, UK. The item you return must be in new, unused, and unworn condition with all the original packaging and tags still attached. We do not accept any item with any indication that it was used. In such cases, the item will be returned to the purchaser.
If you wish to receive a refund we will re-credit the original purchaser’s credit card for the sum paid less any taxes and duties and less the carriage costs.
It is advisable to send returned items by registered post and keep your proof of postage certificate, as we cannot be responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit. Please note that carriage costs for returned goods are the customer’s responsibility and will be reimbursed by us only in the case of damaged, faulty or incorrectly supplied goods.
Vivien Sheriff are not responsible for any item that is not returned in the manner set forth above and we cannot accept responsibility for packages until we are in possession of them.
Customers’ statutory rights are unaffected.
- All prices exclude delivery costs which will be added to the amount due upon checkout
- All our deliveries are shipped with Fedex
- All UK deliveries are next day, everywhere else, please allow 3-5 days
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require a quote for delivery
- Your order will be despatched by our chosen carrier and will be fully insured in the UK
- All delivery and packaging charges include a hat box
- Your headwear will be wrapped in tissue paper within a hat box and shipped in a sturdy box to protect the hat box. Smaller headpieces will get appropriate packaging to protect them
- All our items are hand-made and for Special Orders or Made-To-Order items, please allow 4 to 6 weeks from placing the order to the despatch & shipping of your order
- Vivien Sheriff strive to produce and ship your item as quickly as we can. If you require your hat for a specific date, please contact us by email before ordering.
- We make every effort to deliver items within the estimated timescales; however delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors and Vivien Sheriff shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the item(s) within the estimated timescales.
- If you for any reason refuse delivery you will still be charged the duties and taxes. Your item will be returned to Vivien Sheriff and you will be directly charged for the unpaid duties and taxes along with the additional shipping costs.
- Ownership of items ordered shall pass to you on delivery provided that we have processed and received payment in full for the item(s). Risk of loss or damage to the item(s) shall pass to you at the time the item(s) is delivered.